About this form
This form is for OSU Extension employees who wish to publish peer reviewed educational materials in the Extension Catalog.
What do I need to do before submitting this request?
- Consult with your Extension program leader to make sure your publishing idea is in line with program priorities and goals.
- Write your publication and assemble the photos, graphics or illustrations for it.
- Submit your work for peer review. Your program leader manages the peer review process.
- Once your project is peer reviewed and revised to the reviewers’ satisfaction, fill out this form and submit it.
What happens after I submit my request?
- After you submit this form, your program leader will be asked to confirm that they support the project and that it has completed the peer review process. We won’t start work on your project until we receive that confirmation.
- After we receive confirmation from your program leader, a project manager will contact you with details about submitting your materials. Once we’ve reviewed your materials, we’ll provide a timetable for completing it.
- Due to current project volume and capacity, it may be three to six months before we can begin work on your publication. After that, the average timelines for projects is as follows:
- Small projects (up to 20 pages): 6–8 weeks
- Medium projects (20– 50 pages) : 8-12 weeks
- Large projects (over 50 pages): 6 months to a year
- If you need a project completed sooner, contact publishing leader Jim Sloan to discuss how we can help you.
Preliminary consultation welcome
Early consultations with our team can be a helpful step before you begin drafting content. If you have questions about the publishing process or want to talk through ideas for content, design, format or delivery methods, contact Sandy Reichhuber to set up an appointment to talk with a member of our publishing team.
Other collaborations with Extension Communications
Here’s a quick guide for how to contact our team regarding non-Catalog questions or requests:
- Marketing/branding: Ann Marie Murphy
- Multimedia: Alan Dennis
- News and public affairs: Chris Branam or Submit a news or story tip
- Website support and content strategy: Extension web support request form
- Other: Jennifer Alexander (director)
- General information: Extension Communications website and Virtual Extension resources